You come across the error message “An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327684:1” every time you download Origin games? Then it’s highly likely that Origin lacks permission and running Origin as an administrator is the best solution. Also, you may want to turn off antivirus software and firewalls, clear cache, install Visual C++ Redistributable, uninstall and reinstall Origin, etc. Continue reading to be able to play Origin games to your heart’s content.
The Usual Suspects
In case you don’t know, all applications on Windows computers require permission to run and Origin is not an exception. If Windows users have granted Origin permission to run, they should have an easy time downloading games to play via Origin. On the other hand, lack of permission would disrupt Origin processes and “An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327684:1” is one of the consequences. Therefore, if you fail to download Origin games time and again, it’s wise to take permission into account.
Antivirus Software And Firewalls
For your information, it’s not uncommon for antivirus software and firewalls to overreact in use. Since the operation of Origin involves Internet connection, the creation of files/folders, … , it could get flagged by overacting antivirus software and firewalls.
All in all, Origins as well as its games rely on cached data to speed up processes. Needless to say, in the case the cache runs into issues, the performance of Origins and its games should suffer.
Visuals C++ Redistributable
In layman’s terms, a lot of games including Origin titles only work as expected if Visual C++ Redistributable is present. If Visual C++ Redistributable is missing, it’s only natural that the error message “An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327684:1” appears.
Generally speaking, Origin is an app and apps could become corrupted over time. Unable to download games to play via Origin? In that case, you should give corruption some thought.
What Must Be Done
Run Origin As An Administrator
- Step 1: Locate the Origin shortcut on desktop, right-click it and pick Properties
- Step 2: Go to Compatibility tab then check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Step 3: Select Apply then choose OK.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, launch Origin via its shortcut, download games and see how things turn out.
Turn Off Antivirus Software And Firewalls
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, select Update & Security and choose Virus & threat protection in Windows Security.
- Step 2: Under Virus & threat protection settings, hit Manage Settings then toggle off the Real-time protection switch.
- Step 3: Press Windows key, type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Step 4: Change View by to Category, click System and Security then pick Click Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 5: Hit Turn Windows Firewall on or off then tick the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) circle in Private network settings as well as Public network settings. Last but not least, hit OK, launch Origin and download games.
Note: The error message vanishes once you turn off antivirus software and firewalls? In that case, you should allow Origin through firewalls.
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type Allow an app through Windows Firewall and hit Enter.
- Step 2: Hit Change Settings. If prompted, enter the administrator password to confirm your identity and the intention to change firewall settings.
- Step 3: Locate Origin then check the checkboxes in Private and Public columns. Last but not least, launch Origin, download games and determine whether the issue persists.
- Step 1: Open Origin, click Origin and pick Exit.
- Step 2: Press Windows key, type %Programdata%/Origin and hit Enter.
- Step 3: Highlight all files and folders except LocalContent, right-click them and pick Delete.
- Step 4: Press Windows key, type %Appdata% and hit Enter.
- Step 5: In the Roaming folder, find and delete the Origin folder. Next, back out to AppData then find and delete the Origin folder in it. After you finish, launch Origin and download games like usual.
Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- Step 1: Press Windows key, Type C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games and hit Enter.
- Step 2: Open the folder of the game that gives you the error message.
- Step 3: Go to Search bar on the top right, type vcredist_x86.exe/vcredist_x64.exe (depending on the system) and hit Enter.
- Step 4: Right-click the executable files then pick Run as administrator.
- Step 5: Launch Origin and witness the result.
Uninstall And Reinstall
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In Control Panel, change View by to Category then hit Uninstall a program under Program.
- Step 3: Locate Origin, right-click it and pick Uninstall.
- Step 4: Follow on-screen instructions to initiate the uninstallation then restart your computer.
- Step 5: Reinstall Origin.
Can I run Origin on Windows 10?
The minimum OS requirement of Origin is Windows 8. Hence, Origin runs well on recent Windows versions and Windows 10 is not an exception.
What is the best alternative to Origin?
Nowadays, there is no shortage of game distribution platforms but if you find Origin less than ideal, go for Steam. While Steam still leaves something to be desired, it’s superior to Origin in many regards.