Considering the age of Fable 3, it’s no surprise that the game sometimes acts up on recent Windows versions and Fable 3 won’t launch on Windows 10 is the topic of many complaints. Usually, Games for Windows Live (GFWL) is the root of the problem which is why you should disable it. If the issue persists, you may want to change the date of your computer then see how things turn out. Read to the end to be able to play Fable 3 to your heart’s content on your Windows 10 PC.
What Might Have Gone Wrong
For your information, GFWL is a gaming platform used to support Windows games. Via GFWL, PC gamers could connect to Microsoft Live service which enabled them to play in co-op, talk to others and so on. Officially, Fable 3 requires GFWL to run but Microsoft pulled out and GFWL servers were reduced to abandonware. Therefore, it’s difficult for people to launch the game on Windows 10 computers.
A Few Fixes
Disable Games for Windows Live
Disabling GFWL on your computer should allow you to play Fable 3 in single-player (which is acceptable in most of the cases). Of course, you also won’t have access to the downloadable content (DLC) and cooperative play because those only exist if GFWL is enabled.
Get a retail DVD copy that has a valid code and follow these steps:
- Step 1: Use the DVD to launch the game by using the activation code.
- Step 2: Disable GFWL and its related Marketplace programs from your pc
- Step 3: Go to Fable 3 installation folder (located in your disk C under program files, then Microsoft Games, then Fable 3) and delete the following files: Fable3Launcher.exe.zpd, Fable3Secu.exe.zpd, Fable3.exe, Fable3Secu.exe, Fable3Launcher.exe, and Fable3.exe.zpd.
- Step 4: Download Fable3 zip, Fable3Launcher zip and Fable3Secu zip then paste them into the Fable 3 installation folder.
- Step 5: Use your activation code to launch Fable 3. Even though the game won’t run, the process updates the exe files. Copy the steam api.dll into the Fable 3 installation folder.
- Step 6: Download the game’s GFWL remover (0.11), and include its dynamic link library (DLL) in the installation folder.
- Step 7: Finally, you can now launch Fable 3 game and play it on your Windows 10 computer.
Change The Computer Date
Games for Windows Live may be outdated but its service still affects the performance of Microsoft games. Because of that, you may be asked for the game’s release date for verification when launching Fable 3. Upon clicking next, you will encounter a “PC not connected to the Internet” error. Don’t waste your time checking your Internet connection and adjust your system clock to match the one when Fable 3 was released (26th October 2010) instead.
Assuming that things proceed smoothly, you can proceed to activate the game.
Can I Still Play Fable 3 On My Windows Computer?
Fable 3 was developed with PC gamers in mind. Despite the discontinued services by GFWL, Fable 3 can still be launched and played on Windows computers. You have to carry out some procedures though as nowadays, the launching of Fable 3 is not as straightforward as it used to be.
Is Fable 3 Downloadable Content Still Available For PC?
DLC used to rely on GFWL service, which is an abandonware. Whether using Steam or GFWL, DLC for PC editions of Fable 3 cannot be bought or downloaded anymore.
What Does Fable 2 Have In Common With Fable 3?
Fable 3 and 2 have the following features in common:
- In Fable 3, you are the Albion ruler, who is a child of your character in Fable 2.
- In the scope of the game world, Fable 3 events occur exactly 50 years after Fable 2
- There are also several tales and artifacts from Fable 2 available in Fable 3.
Is Fable 3 A Good Game?
The game’s visuals hold up well, and it has a solid gameplay experience. Fable 3 caters to those who appreciate fantastical tales, role-playing, and creative made-up realms. The game’s mechanics are accessible to novices to the game, at the same time, challenging enough for veterans to enjoy.
How Long Is Fable 3
In terms of time spent on the game’s primary objectives, Fable 3 clocks in at around 13 hours. Getting 100% completion will probably take you about 45 hours or more if you’re the type of gamer that likes to see everything.
Is Fable 3 Cross-Platform Enabled With PC and Xbox?
Cross-play is a feature of several multiplayer games. Sadly, cross-platform cooperative play is not enabled on Fable 3 game’s PC with Xbox.