While Windows 10 Pro is superior to Windows 10 Home in a number of aspects, quite a few people still feel dissatisfied following the upgrade. That gives raise to discussions about how to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home. You also want to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home don’t know what must be done? Then it’s suggested that you spare some time to take a look at this article.
Downgrading From Windows 10 Pro To Windows 10 Home: Summary
Note: Regardless of the method you use to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, you should back up your computer in advance. In case you don’t know, downgrading OS usually entails data wiping which is why it’s essential to create a backup.
First Part: Apply Changes To The Registry
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type Regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Step 2: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion.
- Step 3: Look to the right panel, right-click Product name, pick Modify and change Value data to Windows 10 Home. Next, hit OK then locate EditionID and change its Value data to Core.
- Step 4: Proceed to go HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion then change the Value data of ProductName and EditionID to Windows 10 Home and Core respectively.
- Step 5: Close Registry Editor.
Second Part: Make Use Of Media Creation Tool
- Step 1: Launch your web browser, visit Microsoft’s official website and download the Media Creation Tool from the Software Download page.
- Step 2: The moment the download completes, run the executable file then read and accept the license terms.
- Step 3: Select Upgrade this PC now, choose Next and configure the settings as you see fit.
- Step 4: Hit Install.
- Step 5: After the installation finishes, open Settings, hit About and determine whether the downgrade is a success.
Like Method One, Method Two also consists of two parts and its first part is the same as that of Method One. However, instead of relying on the Media Creation Tool in the second part, Method Two opts for ISO.
- Step 1: Download the Windows 10 Home then mount it to your drive.
- Step 2: Press Windows + E to open File Explorer, locate the drive that contains the ISO and run setup.exe.
- Step 3: Select Change how Windows Setup downloads updates, uncheck the I want to help make the installation of Windows better checkbox and tick the Not right now circle.
- Step 4: Choose Next then hit Accept.
- Step 5: Allow the process to go all the way.
The Use Of Windows 10: Rules
- Only purchase licenses from reputable Microsoft outlets. You should be able to find genuine licenses on Microsoft Store and Microsoft’s official site.
- Do not use cracked versions of Windows. Pirated Windows OS does not receive updates making your device vulnerable to attacks.
- Before upgrading/updating Windows 10, ensure that your computer is in good condition. Depending on the situation, it won’t hurt to perform SFC and DISM scans, turn off antivirus programs/firewalls and so on beforehand.
- Save passwords of applications and services in a secured location.
How Do I Create An Installation Media?
- Step 1: Connect an empty USB drive to your computer then download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft’s official site.
- Step 2: Run the tool, accept license terms and once you get to the What do you want to do screen, hit Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC.
- Step 3: Choose Next, uncheck the Use the recommended options for this PC checkbox and select your preferred language.
- Step 4: When Windows asks for the media to use, pick USB flash drive then click Next.
- Step 5: Select your USB drive, wait until the creation of media concludes and choose Finish to exit.