In times of need, Windows 10 users could turn their computers into mobile hotspots to share Internet connection but not everyone knows how to enable mobile hotspot in Windows 10. At the moment, if your computer runs on Windows 10, you should be able to enable mobile hotspot via Settings as well as Action Center. Read to the end to be able to share Internet connection to devices in the surroundings at your leisure.
Enabling Mobile Hotspot: Instructions
- Step 1: Press Windows I to open Settings, select Network & Internet and choose Mobile hotspot.
- Step 2: Toggle on the switch under Share my internet connection with other devices.
Via Action Center
- Step 1: Look to the right of your taskbar, locate the Action Center icon and hit it.
- Step 2: Look for Mobile hotspot then hit it once to turn your computer into a mobile hotspot.
Mobile Hotspot Not Working: Solutions
Make Use Of Local Group Policy Editor
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type gpedit.msc and hit Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Step 2: Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Connections.
- Step 3: Hit Prohibit use of Internet Connection Sharing on your DNS domain network, set it as Not Configured/Disabled and save the change.
Apply Changes To The Registry
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type Regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Step 2: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>WcmSvc>Tethering
- Step 3: Look to the right, right-click RemoteStartupDisabled and pick Modify.
- Step 4: Set the data values as 0, save the changes and restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, enable mobile hotspot and see how things turn out.
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Expand Network adapters, right-click your adapter and pick Update driver.
- Step 3: Follow on-screen instructions then restart your computer after the update finishes.
Note: Depending on the situation, you should consider uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
- Step 1: Open Device Manager, right-click your adapter in Network adapters and pick Uninstall.
- Step 2: Check the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device before hitting OK.
- Step 3: Restart your computer.
Check Out The Service
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- Step 2: Right-click Internet Connection Sharing then pick Properties.
- Step 3: If Service Status says Stopped, hit Start. On the other hand, if Service Status says Running, hit Stop, wait for a moment and hit Start. Besides that, you should use the opportunity to change Startup type to Automatic.
- Step 4: Select Apply, choose OK and restart your computer.
- Step 5: Determine whether the issue persists.
How To Set Up Mobile Hotspot
- Step 1: Open Settings, click Network & Internet and pick Mobile hotspot.
- Step 2: Under Share my internet connection from, select the connection you want to share.
- Step 3: Choose Edit, enter your preferred name and password then save the changes.
Unidentified Network: A Few Fixes
Your computer keeps saying something about “Unidentified network” every time you connect it to the Internet? Then it’s strongly recommended that you try out the following fixes.
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Update & Security and choose Additional troubleshooters.
- Step 2: Pick Internet connections then click Run troubleshooter.
- Step 3: If the troubleshooter manages to offer a fix at the end of troubleshooting, hit Apply this fix.
Disable And Re-enable Connection
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type control panel and hit Enter.
- Step 2: Select Network and Sharing Center then choose Change adapter settings.
- Step 3: Right-click your connection and pick Disable.
- Step 4: Wait for a bit, right-click the connection again and pick Enable.
Take Advantage Of Command Prompt
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type cmd and hit Run as administrator.
- Step 2: In Command Prompt (Admin), run the commands down below:
- netsh Winsock reset
- netsh int IP reset
- IPconfig /flushdns
- IPconfig / release
- IPconfig /renew
- Step 3: Restart your computer.